Contact us if you are interested
Come explore how to put joy back in your life. Learn concrete skills to loosen up your temperament (the way you are wired) so it works for you and not against you. Come hear about cutting edge research on effective skills to change your old patterns and habits, learn how to enhance intimacy and reduce very private experience of self-loathing or criticism. These skills are particularly helpful with perfectionism, over-work, and restrictive eating disordered behaviors.
Contact us about openings
The three-month ACT for Depression Group has rolling enrollment and combines the benefits of peer support and professional expertise to help you develop a new foundation for a better life. This evidence-based group provides guidance in relating to your emotions and developing skills to help you:
- Break the cycle of depression
- Reconnect with a sense of meaning and purpose
- Build deeper and more satisfying relationships
- Increase your mindfulness and awareness
- Find ways to gently hold loss while moving forward with life
- Engage in worthwhile activity
- Establish and pursue what you would choose your life to be about
- Develop greater self-compassion
This 9 week course offers women (includes anyone who self-identifies as a woman) a chance to learn skills that will help them live their lives more effectively. This course uses scientifically-supported techniques to help you:
- Create A Rich And Meaningful Life
- Deepen Relationships
- Develop Self-Compassion
- Be More Mindful And Present In Your Daily Life
- Skillfully Navigate Life Obstacles
- Disarm Anxiety And Depression
- And Get Out Of Your Mind And Into Your Life!
When we get caught in struggles with difficult thoughts and feelings, we tend to lose contact with what’s important to us. In ACT on Life for Women, you’ll learn techniques based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to break the grip of unwanted thoughts and feelings and more fully engage your life. Amongst a community of other women, we will connect and dismantle common stories we carry that are often barriers to the full life we want and deserve to live. The facilitator of this course does not present herself as an expert imparting knowledge; rather, she is a fellow traveler who uses and practices ACT in her own life. You’ll learn how to choose valued directions and skillfully work with obstacles that get in your way. Our goal is to teach you skills that you can use to continue improving your life long after this course has ended.