Our team at Portland Psychotherapy has a range of specialties. If you want to learn more about our therapists and their individual specialties, you can do that by going to our therapist listing.
What We Do
At Portland Psychotherapy, rather than trying to be something for everyone, we seek to specialize in what we do best and offer services that relate to those areas of practice. Many of our therapists are also researchers, which means that we stay up-to-date on what the research says about what works. If we can’t provide what we think is the best treatment for a client, we will do our best to refer them to an appropriate provider in the community. As a local hub for evidence-based practice, we know many of the local providers and take pride in being able to provide the best referrals possible.
Problems we specialize in treating
Evidence-based therapies we provide:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Radically Open Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- LGBTQ affirmative therapy
- Mindfulness-Based Therapies
- Behavioral Activation Treatment for Depression
- Couples Therapy including Emotionally-Focused Couples Therapy
Modalities we offer